Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Call Me Crazy by Anne Heche

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Book: Call Me Crazy

Author: Anne Heche

Rating: 5 out of 5 Sticky Gold Stars

First Paragraph: I ran away at two and a half. I only found out – or I should say remembered – this fact of my life after many years of therapy and rebirths and any other measure I could take to get myself up and out of the insanity I was living in until…well, until not so long ago. I’m now thirty-one, turning thirty-two on May 25. I’m a Gemini, but it was not my birth sign that made me the way I was. I wasn’t born with it either. I had to learn to be crazy.

Review: The first thing that drew me to the book was that it was an autobiography of Anne Heche. I like her. I like to read about famous people that I like. I want to hear what they have to say about how they got where they are, any gossip they have to give about the gossip others told about them, how they try to handle themselves while living in the public eye, how they find their privacy. Second, she admits to being crazy amid the sandstorm of media that is there to criticize her every relationship and crazy trip out to the desert to wait for her spaceship.

I think my mouth was agape throughout this entire book. At one point I wanted to yell out 'How can you do that to your children?!' But then I stopped and thought about how this happens a lot, and clearly there is some reasoning behind the way parents act badly. They might hide behind religious fanaticism or a false image that they have lead all of their lives, or maybe they were never told that it's okay to treat people BETTER. By the ended I wanted to thank Anne for her honesty and courage to believe she was God so that her mom would love her. She was crazy and worked her way through it. I still cannot get over how sane she sounded though. While reading the book, I had Anne's voice in my head reading aloud, and very matter-of-factly telling me all of these things that happened in her life. The end. But the party is still going on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home